5 Levels of Customer Awareness
Whenever you are creating a marketing message it is really important that you understand which customer you are speaking to. What level of awareness are they at right now. It is incredibly important that you understand this and that you are clear on this so that when you are deciding on your target market and your ideal client you’ve got to decide which level of awareness are they at. I am going to breakdown these 5 levels of awareness so that you know exactly how to speak to each person at each level.
A prospects level of awareness directly correlates to how that prospect behaves.
You must decide where your prospect is in their level of awareness before you write a word of copy because the words that you write in your message must address prospects – “Where they are at”.
- Unaware – Your coldest prospect and completely unaware of their problems. They blame outside circumstances and they are everywhere. These people are not usually worth your time to market to. These people are completely clueless. These are your time wasters.
- Problem aware – These people are aware of their problems but have not idea how to go out and solve them. These people need someone to show them their options and solutions. These people no nothing or very little about solutions available to them especially about your products or solutions. So you can’t just start speaking to them about your amazing products or services when you haven’t addressed to them that their are solutions. You will need to educate these people and let them know that you have a solution to their needs. You need to grab this prospects attention because they are not necessarily looking for a solution. They only know they have a problem.
- Solution Aware – These people are aware of their problem and are actively searching for solutions. They are not necessarily aware of the differences between solutions and which solution would be best for them. These people are looking for advice, education, and recommendations. Very warm prospect.
- Product Aware – This person is further along. This prospect is aware of your products and is also aware of your competitors products or services. She is aware of the solutions in the marketplace. She is aware, of authors, leaders, and personalities in the marketplace. This would be a very hot prospect. They are looking for the right solution now and trust.
- Actively Engaged – The hottest prospect. The most educated and sophisticated of your prospects because they are actively engaged in your market. They are actively purchasing products and services to solve their problems. These people are going to have much more advanced problems at this point because they are so engaged.
As you can see you are going to have to educate yourself on how you will have to speak to each of these prospects depending where they are at.
That’s why it is so important that before you write your marketing campaigns what level of awareness is my prospect at when you are deciding what is your target market. It is very important to make that distinction so that when you go to write your copy you will be addressing exactly what they need at that moment in time.