You’re throwing away money.
Don’t try to deny it – I’m certain you do!
Why am I certain?
Because I’m doing the same freaking thing – all the time.
I bought a new tablet a year back. My old one was fine but hey – I wanted a new one!
Kids played with the old one for a while…until they grew tired and completely forgot about it. Eventually, it ended up in the attic, collecting dust.
Of course, instead of hoarding it with the rest of the stuff I don’t use I could have made some money by selling it on.
Don’t make my mistakes – almost everything can be sold online and make you a buck or two!
Why is Recycling and Selling Your Gadgets a Great Way to Make Money Online?
Consider the alternative – you accumulate gadgets and they simply sit somewhere until you decide to throw them out. However, you can’t really throw them out – you have to recycle them (as trash)! This means you probably have to drive somewhere and spend money to get rid of them!
Plus, there are a lot of things that you can sell that you probably didn’t even think of. The only condition is that it’s in relatively good working order. Sometimes you can even sell busted things because someone can use them for parts.
Used gadgets you can sell online are:
- All smartphones
- Video game consoles
- Flat screen TV’s
- Tablets and iPads
- MP3 players
- Satellite dishes
- Li-Ion batteries
- Computer hardware
Who Can Sell Gadgets Online
The process is very simple, whether you use instant purchase sites or online marketplaces. We all have piles of gadgets we no longer use – you, me, your mom, my mom – everyone! You can even collect used gadgets from friends and family and the split the profits with them.
Ways to Make Money Online by Selling Used Gadgets
There are two ways you can cash in:
- Selling independently on online marketplaces such as eBay and Craigslist
- Selling to an instant purchase site – you get a quote and you send them your gadget
Where to Start
Before you can sell your gadgets there are a couple of things you need to make sure of:
- STEP 1 – Clean up your gadgets and make sure that there aren’t too many scratches, bumps, and bruises on it.
- STEP 2 – If you’re going to sell it on an online marketplace (through an auction) make sure you take good, contrasting pictures of the device.
- STEP 3 – Remove all your personal data from the device.
- STEP 4 – You will get a better price if you have original add-ons such as headphones or chargers with your gadget.
- STEP 5 – Find an online marketplace where you can get a good price.
- STEP 6 – If you can’t sell your gadget on an online marketplace, offer it to instant buyers such as eBay Instant Sale or Gazelle.
1. Instant Purchase Sites
2. Online Marketplaces
I don’t know about you but I’m definitely going to check every box in the house as soon as I find the time. There is still life in those old gadgets – share them with the world and make a buck while you’re at it!
How To Sell Your Recycled Gadgets