At its core, a Lead Magnet is anything of value that you can exchange for a prospect’s contact information – usually an email address.
The most common Lead Magnet that you’ve probably seen is a free guide or report that’s delivered in PDF format. However, there are plenty of other Lead Magnets you can offer. More on that later.
A Lead Magnet has one goal: to maximize the number of targeted leads you are getting for an offer.
There are 5 main points that will help you create engaging lead magnets that will help you grow your email list with high quality prospects.
- You must speak directly to your ideal customer avatar. You must address a problem, challenge, or pain that your customer wants solved. You also need to speak directly to their needs and their desired end results. You have to speak their language and give them exactly what they want.
- Be very specific. You should focus on one ultra specific segment in your market. You should deliver that “One Big Promise” to your visitors. Focus on one challenge, problem, or pain point and use specific numbers, examples, and results within your copy.
- People want immediate gratification. We all do. The information that you give to people should be easy to access and consume. Almost like a magic bullet, quick fix for them. You have to wow your prospect in less than 5 minutes so this isn’t a lot of time. Your lead magnet should assist in the selling of your offer, not be a road block.
- Your lead magnet should be high value. This kind of goes without saying. Just because it’s free doesn’t mean it should be cheap. Give high quality delivery like graphics, PDF, video, etc. because you only have one chance to make a good impression and you want to really over deliver on your promise.
- You should use the lead magnet to build a relationship with your prospect. You want to build rapport, develop trust, and establish authority. By delivering a “WOW” to them you are also shifting your prospects mindset. By doing all of this you can use the lead magnet for future engagement and purchases from you.
Best Lead Magnets
These are the best lead magnets to focus on. They should not take too long to create. Some simple and powerful lead magnets are as follows. Make is simple and specific. You want to give quick consumption.
- Free Report/Guide
- Video Tutorial
- Audio Lesson
- Quiz – excellent to use. very effective
- Spreadsheets – Great for Finance niche – easy to create and a useful resource
- Cheat Sheets
- Check Lists
- Toolkit/Resource Guide
- Discount/Coupon/Free Shipping – Great for physical products