There is no question that the entire landscape of how we do business has changed. First, digitization and then the prevalence of the internet have completely revolutionized how commerce and retailers function today.
During this time of change, the concept of dropshipping became popular. Whether it was business-to-business, business-to-consumer or consumer-to-consumer, e-commerce has become the most popular and lucrative form of running a business.
The popularity of businesses like AliExpress, eBay, and Alibaba, among other electronic marketplaces, proves its effectiveness. However, even this aspect of business is on the verge of change.
As 2019 is almost halfway through, it has entrepreneurs and e-commerce aficionados asking whether it’s still relevant. The susceptibility of change caused by new business trends within the e-commerce industry pose these questions.
However, before getting into the details and nitty-gritty, let’s have a brief look at what dropshipping is.
To put it in a few words, dropshipping is a business model where the seller doesn’t stock products in their own warehouses. The seller simply acts as an intermediary between the suppliers and customers.
The customers place orders on the website, which are then directed to the supplier. The supplier is then responsible for delivering the product, taking a percentage of the price.
One of the more recent examples of such a business is Wish. Wish.com is an e-commerce website that markets a plethora of products supplied by a variety of suppliers. The suppliers or vendors then are the ones who ship the products.
Is it really dead?
Due to its feasibility, the dropshipping business model has become one of the most popular ones. In fact, it has earned a lot of entrepreneurs millions of dollars. Looking at its success, is dropshipping really not profitable anymore?
Well, the answer lies in how you go about it. This model of business is based on low cost and high returns. Without the need of having a physical store or hiring a bunch of people to manage an extensive supply chain, you end up saving a lot of money.
However, there are a number of bottlenecks that make dropshipping challenging in 2019. Some of the biggest problems that dropshipping adherents face include:
- Without a shadow of a doubt, 2018 was a competitive year. 2019 is no different. The dropshipping market has become saturated as there are many new and old online marketplaces are getting stronger.
- PPC (Pay-per-click) Costs. As a consequence of market saturation, PPC campaigns are becoming costlier. It’s becoming more expensive to optimize keywords.
- Order fulfillment. Out of the three challenges, issues with order fulfillment are the biggest one. Lack of timely communication causes problems with listings. For instance, a product might be out of stock at the supplier’s end but still listed on the website, which leads to customer dissatisfaction.
On top of that, there is also no surety of timelines. The suppliers are responsible for shipping, which frequently lead to delayed deliveries.
Now, these are problems that businesses already involved in the industry face. For entrepreneurs like you and me, the trouble comes in the initial phase of setting up the company and regulations around the dropshipping business model.
Not only do you need to think about the technicality and design of the website/marketplace, but also the vendors you’ll be promoting. On top of that, there is the marketing and promotional side of the business in question as well.
Coming to your Rescue!
Having been in the industry for some time, we anticipate these issues. More than that, we understand that it can be frustrating when things go awry right at the beginning.
This is why we have designed dropshipping websites that make work easier for you. With preliminary research and professional insight on our side, we have created online marketplaces in top-selling niches.
Instead of pondering over the question “does dropshipping business work?”, we take active action in delivering results.
We do that by offering ready-made websites that you can use to start your dropshipping business without the hassle of setting up. The process we work with is also designed for your convenience so you can start multiple sites in different niches.
All you need is a laptop and an internet connection to get started on your journey to earn a growing passive income.
- Pick your package. We offer three main kinds of packages you can choose from and then add as many niche sites as you want.
- Choose the niche. After conducting industry analysis, we have come up with sites for the top sellers. You can pick the ones that make sense for you.
- Brand domain. Come up with a name for your business, which will be the name for your domain. We’ll buy the domain and then transfer it to your name.
- Payment integrations. Once the order is finalized, we’ll need your PayPal and GoDaddy information for payment integrations.
- At this point, our designers will be in touch with you to discuss design details and customize your storefront.
- 100 products. Once the storefront is set up, we will add up to 100 well-selling products with all the details for you.
- Site delivery. It will take us less than 48 hours to then deliver the website, ready for taking orders.
- Social media marketing. To start diverting traffic, we’ll come up with a social media strategy that works the best.
- Based on the service rating on AliExpress, we’ll hand over a vendor’s list for you to choose from.
- With the website ready to go, you’ll be able to make changes to your platform.
- Making it live. Finally, your new website is ready to start taking orders and earn you a passive income.
With our process explained, a huge question remains about the niches we provide.
Market insights and personal experience aside, we have conducted an extensive niche analysis. Out of all the categories popular right now, we have selected 11 niches that have the most potential to sell well.
Currently, we design for the following niches:
- T-shirts, which always prove to sell well.
- Men’s fashion as it has the potential to see return customers and offers good margins, especially when high-end.
- Skull fashion is a specific niche but one that tends to be popular, especially amongst teenagers.
- Leggings are a very reliable niche as it sees bulk buying.
- Ladies shoes as they have a very high margin.
- Mancaves are popular for targeting impulse buyers.
- Dog clothing because who doesn’t want to dress their puppers in cute outfits? Also, customers are not that price-sensitive, which creates room for high margins.
- Lingerie has a strong visual appeal and has been doing well on social media.
- Handbags never go out of style and have a large target market, making them the perfect evergreen product.
- Baby clothing is another evergreen niche as people keep having babies.
- Camping gear also has a high margin and is a strong specific niche.
Regardless of what niche you choose, our services will allow you to scale your business and leverage your dropshipping business to make your business more profitable.
Instead of falling for tropes and assuming the industry is dead due to some challenges, talk to an expert. They’ll be able to give you more recent and truthful knowledge, helping you decide if the dropshipping model is suitable for you.